THOMAS - Mobile dual arm robotic workers with embedded cognition for hybrid and dynamically reconfigurable manufacturing systems
THOMAS project is a four year project funded by the European Commission in the Horizon 2020 programme under Grant agreement No: 723616.
The project consortium involves eight partners from industrial end users, technology providers and research institutions.
THOMAS vision is to create a dynamically re-configurable shop floor with mobile dual arm robots, able to perceive their environment and cooperate with other robots and humans.
In particular, the proposed mobile dual arm robots are:
- able to navigate freely and in a safe way across the shop floor avoiding humans and obstacles
- able perform tasks on products that are being transported by autonomous robotic units as well
- able to position themselves inside workstations and execute tasks using the available tooling
- able to be dynamically re-allocated to different tasks without human intervention
- able to perceive their environment and adjust their behaviour to collaborate with humans
- able to communicate with each other through a network of services and reason over their
course of actions in order to achieve the production goals.
More information: http://www.thomas-project.eu/